View Single Post
Old 05-12-2022, 12:28 PM   #42
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by adeakins View Post
I have Michelin Defenders on my 2020 F350 pulling a 16,000lb Montana. The fronts lasted just under 30k miles. The rears look like they might make 50k. Flattened the inside driver-side rear the other day. I’m riding in the spare. Ran over a large staple putting 2 holes, one large and one small, about an inch apart. The tire store said it couldn’t be repaired because a single patch won’t work and they can’t put a second patch because it will overlap the first. Best deal I can find is from Simple Tire at $316 plus $16 to mount and balance. I usually get my Michelins from Costco but when I brought them the dually for new front tires, they said they would only do dually as if I bought six or more tires. Go figure. I ended up sourcing the tires from an Augusta, GA Ford dealer. Won’t do that again … but that’s another story. My truck TPMS will alarm whenever truck tire pressure falls 20lbs below prescribed. So, I can - and always do - keep my fuel performance on the small screen.

Is that truck TPMS OE or an aftermarket product? I haven't seen an option in my menus (that I recall) for having an alarm sound for the truck tpms. After this little episode I'm going to look and if no consider TST sensors for the truck.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote