View Single Post
Old 05-12-2022, 11:30 AM   #35
Tireman9

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
Wow, had my Michelens installed at Costco on 1/29 for. $1,176.00 all in. Haven't checked the price today but driving to the doctor this a.m. diesel is $5.99/gal so who knows. It's just gotten more out of hand with no end in sight. As for Firestone tires I've never bought a replacement set. Owned several new cars that had them as OE and couldn't wait for them to wear out. Each time it was a short wait, at least that was my experience.

Yes OE tires tend to wear out faster but this is because the car companies prioritize fuel economy noise and traction higher than wear. Different performance characteristics are trade-offs when designing tires and having designed a number of different tires I can tell you that fuel economy is almost always #1 or #2 on the performance priority list. Tire wear many times is way down the list sometimes not even on the list.