View Single Post
Old 05-12-2022, 10:05 AM   #30
bsmith0404

Quote:
Originally Posted by adeakins View Post
I have Michelin Defenders on my 2020 F350 pulling a 16,000lb Montana. The fronts lasted just under 30k miles. The rears look like they might make 50k. Flattened the inside driver-side rear the other day. I’m riding in the spare. Ran over a large staple putting 2 holes, one large and one small, about an inch apart. The tire store said it couldn’t be repaired because a single patch won’t work and they can’t put a second patch because it will overlap the first. Best deal I can find is from Simple Tire at $316 plus $16 to mount and balance. I usually get my Michelins from Costco but when I brought them the dually for new front tires, they said they would only do dually as if I bought six or more tires. Go figure. I ended up sourcing the tires from an Augusta, GA Ford dealer. Won’t do that again … but that’s another story. My truck TPMS will alarm whenever truck tire pressure falls 20lbs below prescribed. So, I can - and always do - keep my fuel performance on the small screen.
Use the plug kits from Walmart that you push through from the outside. Have used those for years on my side by side and car/truck tires. Ran one for 45k miles on the car until the tire wore out. I’ve heard people say not to use these, but I’ve never had a problem with them. Carry a set with me for emergency repairs on the road. If you have an air compressor, it’s a heck of a lot easier than changing a tire.
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote