View Single Post
Old 05-05-2022, 09:14 PM   #12
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Thanks all. The first truck with the Transforce tires I told DW that "this ain't gonna be good" because I had previously had a new vehicle (Mercury, late 80s) that had them (Firestones) and they all separated within a year and a half.

First take on the Transforce was that it did great. A little rough and hard but held up well....until that 36k mile mark or whatever it was. I was pretty impressed until then and at the time they were about 100 less than the Michelins. Now the pricing for both the Firestone and the Michelin are about the same at DT and just don't think they are the same quality. I do believe that the 20" wheels and subsequent lower profile tires present problems in the right situations.

My thoughts were that these are the only tires that have failed me in decades and wondering if anyone else had those issues, they were an anomaly etc. I don't really want to pull them off a new truck if/when I buy one like I do the RV, they are considerably more expensive and I'm not convinced they are a bad tire. Thanks to all for responding.
If your trading trucks in the near future & the new truck has the POS Firestone tires on it I'd have them swapped for your current Michelins, even with a few thousand miles they'd be much better than the Firestones.
My company required us the run either Firestone or Goodyear tires on their vehicles, personally I wouldn't put either on any of my vehicles.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote