View Single Post
Old 11-27-2021, 10:01 AM   #43
Tireman9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWtheMan View Post
The USTMA recommends replacing valve stems when replacing tires. They are not going to recommend replacement other than what was provided as OEM. To do so would be stepping on manufacturer's toes not to mention the vehicle manufacturers valve stem responsibilities.

Plus sizing is another matter and would require valve stems suitable for the replacement tires/wheels.

USTMA recommends using the valve stems provided with or recommended for TPMS equipment.

I know of a couple TPMS vendors that recommend bolt in metal stems. I am also aware that a number of internet retailers are not much more than "order takers" and have no working knowledge of TPMS. I can understand why some do not want to tell the prospective customer that they should replace rubber "snap-in" stems as they are afraid that might kill the sale.

USTMA seems to be more interested in keeping the lawyers away than offering good advice to consumers. I guess my video of a failed "Hi-Pressure" rubber stem is meaningless.