View Single Post
Old 10-01-2021, 12:34 PM   #53
travelin texans

Adjusting tire pressures & torquing the lug nuts everyday every stop every temperature or elevation change is not happening in my world, it's not necessary for either unless there's a problem.
Tire pressures get checked probably monthly depending on the information provided by the TPMS. The lugs get checked at the 1st nightly stop after the wheels have been removed & not again til the wheels have been removed the next time. BTW, there is a proper procedure to follow when torquing the lug nuts & it's not just give them a couple clicks with the torque wrench everyday. Never had an issue with this procedure towing 10 years fulltiming or any of the 30+ years towing prior to that. YMMV!
Also it really didn't make a difference to me whether the TPMS was reading internal tire temps, I was interested in the tire temperature. If the TPMS is reading a 100 then the tire is most likely a 100 degrees to the touch which will make an increase to the internal temperature to 100+/-, so whatever the reading, temp or pressure, was close enough for me as long as all were close to the same on either side.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote