View Single Post
Old 09-12-2021, 03:02 PM   #27
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelff View Post
Do NOT let any tire shop jack up your trailer by the axels! If they bend them it puts your wheels out of alignment. I have a 41 foot 5er and have them jack up the trailer on the frame if they can reach it, which they usually can. DT put on a set of Sailuns last year and did one side at a time. They had plenty of room for my rig and had no issues and had me in and out quickly. They used a 10 ton floor jack operated with their compressor air system. Never saw a floor jack that big before. Lifted that fiver no problem. They could only do 80 lbs of pressure for the tires so I finished airing up at my storage lot where they can fill to 120 psi. I run mine at 108 psi. I would suggest going over to whatever DT store you are thinking of using first to see clearances and discuss with the guys how they want you positioned. Makes things a whole lot easier.
This is a bit of a misnomer, it is perfectly safe to jack a trailer by the axles AT THE SPRING.
This is far more stable than jacking on the frame, and you need to lift very little. I had the tires replaced on our 5er at our local DT. Very professional and lifted on the axle at the spring mount. If you think this is going to damage the axles on your 16,000# 5er, then you might consider parking it as rolling down the road puts a lot more stress on the axles than jacking at the spring mount.

Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote