Thread: Truck tires
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2021, 04:08 PM   #28
Badbart56

So many differing opinions on a certain brand of tires. I have learned over the years that a manufacturer can and will make a lesser quality of the same brand of tire. I had a set of Goodyear Fortera's on my wife's Trailblazer and we got over 70K miles on them. So being satisfied with those I purchased a set from Sun Tire (now Mavis Tire). The second set wore out in 36K miles!

As for the Firestone TransForce, there is more than one version of those also. I oversaw a fleet of Chevy K2500 HD 4x4 trucks in North Florida that were used as service trucks on the interstate. Each of these trucks would commonly see 400 miles a day, 7 days a week, patrolling Interstate 10 for breakdowns and assisting the Florida Highway Patrol on crash scenes. We used TransForce AT2 tires exclusively and wear patterns were excellent. We got as much as 106K miles out of them although the majority of them were rendered unserviceable due to the road hazards (and OFF road hazards) that they encountered. So, be advised that not all TransForce tires are cut from the same rubber. I'm sure that's the case with other brands too.

2010 FZ 405

2011 F350 6.7 Dually w/Banks Power making 510 hp and 1065 ft/lbs torque
Badbart56 is offline   Reply With Quote