View Single Post
Old 05-28-2021, 11:45 AM   #36
Tireman9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWtheMan View Post
I did not recommend anything; I just provided info. Brands are just to controversial and I try real hard to stay away from such discussions. However, when a brand has features that most other's don't have I'll mention them. An example is the GY Endurance. They introduced a scuff guard feature where material was added to the tire sidewall for some protection. It added weight to the tires but not strength. Westlake and Rainier have introduced off road ST tires. Steel casing has been developed for 15" ST tires and showing-up in most of the popular brands. GY has a 16" ST tire that provides 4080# of load capacity at 80 PSI, it's at least 3" taller than other 16" ST tires. AND, Trailer King ST tires are always in the top 10 best ST tire listing by consumer reports, sometimes all the way to the top. so, consumer reports are full of bull, right? So are many of the antidotal statements about ST tire brand failures.

https://www.rvweb.net/best-trailer-tires-reviewed/

Are you sure about "Steel Casing"? Steel casing aka the body or sidewall is not likely to appear in RV tires with Load Range less than "F". The material in the sidewall (body or casing) is listed on the tire sidewall. The material in the tread is also listed on the tire sidewall.

RE the "10 Best" click bait" post. My comment "Every tire is great but none provide the confidence for you to buy??? How does a tire & wheel package become better with “the 5-lug pattern makes this trailer tire perfect for trailer owners because it allows for an easy installation.” but he shows a 6 bolt hole wheel. Is he sure the tire has steel in the tire sidewall? or is he referring to the steel wheel? Does this mean that the tires shown mounted on Aluminum wheels aren’t as good or that they can’t be mounted on steel wheels? IMO this post is just “click bait” where is the test data that supports his conclusions? I believe that all the tires except the “2-Pack” have center rib so how does that feature make the #1 Trailer King better?"