Thread: Lane choice
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2021, 04:25 PM   #29
sourdough
Site Team

jasin I wouldn't stress out about it. Make sure you have good, fresh tires. Keep them aired up properly, don't overload and check them while you are traveling - I use a TPMS, IR heat gun, hand and whatever else seems appropriate at the time. "Stuff" happens when driving but trying to stay safe, in the proper lane and not causing someone to flip out is FAR better than worrying about if the right lane might have some bumps.

As far as keeping an eye on those tires....a few years back I was getting ready to head out - day before departure on Sunday. Trailer was ready and doing a walk around on the truck checking it all out along with the tires. As I did a visual on the tires I thought I saw a crack or something in the sidewall. Upon closer inspection there was a sizeable slice in it. Had to go to another town on Sunday to get a replacement. All that only to illustrate that it is important to use all measures and pay attention when you are traveling...or about to - you just don't know what might happen.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote