Thread: Lane choice
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2021, 10:55 AM   #22
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northofu1 View Post
IMO
2 lane road, right lane as much as possible. The person in a car doesn't care how much you spent on a rig. Most are just trying to keep it together without going postal, you might want to avoid them going postal on you.

3 lanes or more, middle or second lane. Less potholes, less lane gullying from large trucks, less merging traffic.
Keep that rearview camera on, it's better than mirrors.

Stay off of 69 heading west of Port Huron (Pssst I find that Michiganders, and Massachusetters drive like Ontarians - I try to get out of my crappy province and go around that state I mentioned)
Be cool, you're on vacation.
Just after the mandatory 55MPH "national speed limit" was lifted, Michigan went back to 70MPH on interstates. Most drivers drove 80.... Then about 7 or 8 years ago, that was increased to 75MPH. Now most drivers drive between 85 and 90. Secondary, two lane roads were 55MPH. Most drove 60-65. When that was increased to 65MPH, most drivers are going 70-75. Even then, with the exception of the Roscommon County Sherriff's Department, LEO's will typically flash their lights as they pass you doing "faster than the normal traffic flow"... In Roscommon County, 76 will give you the opportunity to "donate to the County Retirement Fund"... Most other places, if you're in the left lane doing 65 or 70, towing a trailer, you're likely to either get run over or blown off the left side of the highway as people driving 90+ pass you, "angrily blowing their horn" from the right lane....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote