View Single Post
Old 12-31-2020, 09:32 AM   #22
Mikelff

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
Hope this isn't a hijack but neither eBay NOR PayPal any longer have customer service numbers. If you find what they call customer service numbers, it is an automated number eventually pointing you to company FAQs. I bought a Zero G RV water hose from a company with the eBay ID camperid (they are carid elsewhere) and they cancelled my order and told me the hose was out of stock. OK. They immediately put the hose back on sale in eBay and then told me they were immediately refunding my purchase price (a little of $40). They never did. I filed a dispute through PayPal and they claim it will take up to a month to "investigate" and have the refund. If this had happened with reputable companies, there would have been no problem. Oh yeah, camperid told me they were very sorry and offered me a $5 discount on my next purchase. Errrrrrrr
After a similar situation, I NEVER use a PayPal cash account to buy anything with PayPal. I always use my credit card to pay through PayPal. I made a purchase about 6 months ago through PayPal and used my credit card. Thank God I did. It turned out to be a scam that was using PayPal because of their dispute policy. Takes months to get your money back, if ever. I just filed a dispute to the charge with the credit card and the credit card gave me a credit immediately. PayPal sent me an email stating they could not move forward with their investigation because I had filed a dispute with the credit card company. What a joke!! I already had my refund so what did I care. That’s the only way I buy using PayPal. I have immediate options using a credit card.
Mikelff is offline   Reply With Quote