Thread: ST vs LT tires
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2020, 10:43 AM   #28
Tireman9

I guess as the resident Tire Design Engineer I am qualified to comment.

Yes P and ST and LT tires carry different loads but also at different inflation.

You haven't told us the load you carry on the trailer so some answers may not be completely correct

Yes the trailer manufacturer selects the type & size tires based on their estimate of the load you will be carrying.

No not all ST tires have "stiffer" sidewall and I am not aware of any tire engineers working at eTrailer so I don't know who wrote their web page or where they got their information. I have found other errors on their site but so far they haven't responded to my questions.

When switching tires and changing size or type or Load Range the one thing others with some tire knowledge and I can agree on is that the new tires should have equal or greater load capability. Simply read the numbers on the tire sidewall.

Providing a picture of the certification label AKA Tire Placard sticker will answer many questions we have and allow us to make a more informed reply to your question.