View Single Post
Old 08-14-2020, 09:57 AM   #17
CWtheMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHaven View Post
Hah! I'm involved i precisely the same activity at the same time with the same model trailer, so I'll chime in here.

I had the thought that as long as I was going to buy new tires, I'd buy one step beefier if possible, just for the road reliability (not to carry any more weight or anything), but my understanding was that some of these tires may run higher than the 80psi the current TKs are speced for.

I just went through the exercise of unmounting a wheel to get at the markings inside, because my understanding was that those markings would tell me what pressures the rim would handle.

All I could find were 15x6J M2, A1509, and MAX LOAD 2860 lbs... plus a couple of hieroglyph looking markings that look like a stylized angled tread with "17" and a stylized perpendicular tread with "18".

My current TKs are ST225/75R15 E. Is there anything more heavy-duty that it wouldn't be a problem for me to run?
Five or six ST tire builders are now building an all steel ST225/75R15. It's a LRF rated at 3200# at 95 PSI.
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote