Thread: Maxxis failure
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2020, 04:35 PM   #26
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-2020 View Post
Well, it appears I'm a bit limited to manufacturers. Sailun doesn't make a tire my size, you know, a donut. 205/75R14. And it seems there's another couple of other brands that I've not see elsewhere. It's gonna be either Carlisle or GY. I've got some time, I'll sleep some more on this.
Bill I know the quandry you face. Don't know that I can help much but I will say this; when my TKs failed I went with Carlisle Radial HDs. Don't know that the Endurance was around (if you are looking at anything other than the Endurance...don't IMO). The Carlisles were robust, heavy tires that stood well by me with zero issues or concerns. My TK failures were in the spring of 15 approx. 15 mos. after buying the new trailer. All tires were replaced with the HDs. When I traded it in this March they were approx. 5 years old - too old I told myself...but they just wore so good. I watched them all the time; removed them to inspect them; they just worked...for me. This spring was to be the time to replace them regardless; and I did, with a new trailer.

The Endurance is probably a really good tire...but I'm still waiting another year or two. Even then they won't be my "top choice" but at least they will be a viable alternative.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote