Thread: Maxxis failure
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2020, 04:21 PM   #25
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoking View Post
I advised Cal to put Michelin XPS Ribs on his trailer way back then, however he chose to stay with ST tires, and had many failures with several brands, while I ran 7.5 years and around 40K+ miles on Ribs and then sold them for 200 bucks on CL. I then install Bridgestone Duravis R250's and ran them for another 4 years before selling the trailer.

Is this like a "my dog's bigger than your dog" moment, told you so or ???

Everyone makes a mistake - especially when the manufacturer misleads you; we all learn. I run only ST tires because that is what the manufacturer states. Until the last couple of years the manufacturers were shortchanging RV buyers with tires that weren't adequate for the RV. I was a victim of that and hundreds, probably thousands, of others. Cal was one of, if not, the first to call attention to the revised RVIA standards for load capacity on the tires and diligently tries to educate folks on tire safety.

I run what the manufacturer says to run on my trailer (generally higher load range) and figure that is what most folks do. My interest in the results of anyone running tires other than that stipulated by the builder just don't interest me nor do I think it's right to try to minimalize anyone that tried to follow the rules in the past....and share the negative results. JMO/YMMV
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote