View Single Post
Old 03-20-2020, 03:27 AM   #91
flybouy
Site Team

It's been my experience that

1. people don't know what they don't know, Until I towed the same trailer with a 1/2 then a 3/4 (diesel) I didn't know.

2. some people, probably most, drink the Kool Aid that ad agencies spoon feed the public. Mine is THE best because it pulled the space shuttle! Mine is THE best because it pulled a train! No mine is THE best because it won an award in a magazine that they advertise in on every other page! Still thirsty? No worries, they have plenty of Kool Aid

3. some people are brand loyal like they are in a gang. Could never understand that myself. Now I can appreciate a good product as much as the next guy but I'm not paying to advertise their product.

4. some people must justify their decisions. After all, they are the smartest people in the room right? You know the type, the guy or gal pulled over for doing 50 in a 25 mph zone, arguing with the cop that his radar must be malfunctioning. These typically are the same people that will ask for advice then want to argue how invalid the advice is because it doesn't agree with their preconceived ideas. They will offer no facts mind you, just a "never had a problem", or "lots of people do it" or the one person they did believe (the salesman) said it was o.k. See line # 2, that Kool Aid sticks with some folks!

5. Some folks, no matter how well you present the facts, no matter the evidence, will not listen. These are for the most part easily identified. Just look at the people setting in the ditch in a snow storm when the governor or state police say don't drive today. You can hear them say "but I have 4 wheel drive and they said it will go in the snow", the same people that don't evacuate an impending hurricane, volcanic eruption, whatever. The same type people that go on spring break, drink each others drinks, throw up on each other, sleep 10 to a 2 bed hotel room ... all during a global pandemic.

So don't let it upset you, it's just people being people.I like to help people. I try to present the facts and if some one comes along with facts that I'm unaware of then I will stand corrected. If they want to argue because they drank the Kool Aid then they can "win" and I will not argue because I know they are what they are.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote