View Single Post
Old 03-12-2020, 01:57 AM   #16
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterbrown View Post
It's notable that most of the responses here have provided sound, prudent advice.

On the other hand, it's also noteworthy to read the responses from the Jayco owners forum where the OP originally requested advice on his truck's capabilities. Most offered up opposite sentiments.

Talk about disparities.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...bhs-68673.html
I look at the numbers and give my thoughts and relate my experiences. What other forums or individuals do is up to them. Numbers don't lie. If a person is exceeding the numbers published on the vehicle for THAT vehicle then I cannot promote that.

There will always be folks who believe those numbers are just a guideline, aren't real, doesn't apply to them "because they only tow short distances" or "we always pack light"and the excuses go on. Then you read the "my F100 45 year old truck is the same as a new F350", or "I've been doin it for years, no problem".

I believe both groups have 2 things in common. 1. they have been lucky thus far 2. they have never driven over a scale. As I stated, I for one would never promote towing beyond the capacity of the vehicle and I wouldn't want to buy one of the vehicles that have used like that.

JMHO
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote