View Single Post
Old 02-21-2020, 07:58 PM   #8
Fishsizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
I’d be putting on a set of Sailun S637 tires and nit be worried about availability in the area... the tire if maintained properly and towed and reasonable speeds will be on the road for many years.

I currently run a set of Geo Star 235x85/16 G rated because that’s what local Les Schwab had. Starting my 5th season and I’ll replace with Sailun when the time comes because it’s less expensive.. Les Schwab will mount and balance at reasonable cost
I’ve started to buy tires off eBay and take them to a small local tire store. Les Schwabs has fallen off and now up for sale.

I know the Schwab guys too well having worked there years ago and got tired of being worked over on price and taking “non” Schwab tires in for mounting. Last trailer I bought Maxxis off eBay and saved almost $300 from what Schwabs wanted for the same tires. Ok sorry but I’m sorry their “sales and service” just are not there anymore.

It’s been hard. I feel like I’m cheating on an old friend having bought from them for almost 30 years.
Fishsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote