View Single Post
Old 04-11-2019, 07:12 AM   #20
Thoremilly

Tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Shepherd Guy View Post
So today I put on my new Goodyear Endurance tires.

Background, in November I bought a new 26RBPR. Brought it home the 65 miles and parked it in the pole barn until today.

After reading what Sourdough (Danny) and John had to say about tires I decided to replace the "new" OEM tires that came with the unit. Rainier 205/75R14. I went with 215/75R14 from Goodyear as they increased the load rating of the tires as well as going from a C to a D.
The OEM tires had less than 500 miles on them. (The dealer had pulled the unit to Grand Junction for an RV show). My unit came off of the assembly line in early 2018. Surprise the tires had a manufacturer date of 2nd week in 2016. Seriously. Now I have learned from this site that tires just sitting degrade by a fairly good percentage each year, the load bearing qualities degrade. The OEM tires when NEW would support the trailer and no room for error. They were two years old when they went on my trailer from the factory, meaning they were somewhere shy of 14% of being able to support the load of my trailer. No wonder I have read of people having major blowouts with new OEM tires. I love our new 26RBPR. I have done a lot of upgrades while it sat thanks in large part to the great information on this list, but really Keystone, have some pride. I am going to write the company just to bend their ear, not that I expect anything, but when the folks here on this list who know advise tire upgrades, they are not fooling.

Oak
I pulled my tires the second season 2017 341RKI and installed the Endurance American made just love them. Do NOT apply any tire dressing it deteriorates the rubber.
Thoremilly is offline   Reply With Quote