View Single Post
Old 04-03-2019, 06:52 PM   #18
CWtheMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIDE-EE View Post
What are are your axle weights? Hopefully they gave you some up to the task and not marginal like some others have posted. Also, going up to an F like CW mentioned will require a wheel that would hold the 95# pressure. Mine were limited to 80. That is something you need to determine before trying to go with a higher rated tire.
Yeah not much extra on my axles at 5200# each. I will have to look into if my rims can handle the higher psi. I’m thinking probly not. The Goodyear’s might be my best option. Not that that would be a bad option as stated above that would put the tires at a greater rating than the axles but now my axles seem like the weak link lol.[/QUOTE]

Are you giving us the axle capacity from the individual axle tag/model brochure or from the vehicle certification label?

The specs for your trailer indicate the vehicle certified GAWRs may actually be 5000#.

Using the RVIA 10% load capacity reserve recommendation for 5000# axles your tires would be RVIA qualified. However, if you actually have vehicle certified 5200# axles your LRE tires do not qualify.

Therefore, it becomes important for you to verify the actual vehicle certification label. If 5200#, you should immediately contact Keystone and ask them why they did not meet the RVIA tire recommendations for a 2019 year model trailer

No matter how anyone wants to figure it, the regulations clearly state the certified axle weights are the primary factor for vehicle manufacturer selection and fitment of Original Equipment tires. The RVIA recommendation for 10% reserves above vehicle certified axles is for member consideration. I'm sure Keystone is a member and will be embarrassed should someone report them for noncompliance.

Keystone would have two options. Replace the OE tires with some that meet the RVIA recommendation and issue a new certification label showing the new tire size. Or issue a new certification label lowering the GAWRs to a value that would satisfy the 10% recommendation. They would then make a minor (pen & ink change) to the cargo capacity - if needed - for the axle deductions.

(Under current FMVSS (standards) your tires qualify for 5000# or 5200# GAWR axles).
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote