View Single Post
Old 04-03-2019, 03:41 PM   #15
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIDE-EE View Post
Is it possible to get a load rate higher than E on a 15 inch rim? Or with a current rim/tire combo with E tires would the rim not be rated for G tires ( if available) I was reading about the Goodyear endurance after seeing this post and others, marking me think about my tires. Currently have st225/75R15E on 5er with 11400 gvrw oem tire can’t remember the brand at the moment. The Goodyear puts me close to the gvrw, I know the trailer doesn’t hold all the weight but like many of you I would rather have more tire than I need. Any thoughts and opinions will be appreciated
I understand your concern. I have E's on my trailer and it is only 10k gvw...and I wish I had more. I know others disagree but I believe the tires should support the weight of the trailer plus 10%, not after deducting the tongue or pin weight; but that is my opinion.

What are are your axle weights? Hopefully they gave you some up to the task and not marginal like some others have posted. Also, going up to an F like CW mentioned will require a wheel that would hold the 95# pressure. Mine were limited to 80. That is something you need to determine before trying to go with a higher rated tire.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote