View Single Post
Old 04-02-2019, 06:36 PM   #6
Ken / Claudia

Back in 2003, I purchased a new TT that was a left over 2002. It was to be parked on beach property and a guest place. I got a great deal, the dealer was half way from home to beach. Upon inspection PDI and purchase, I noted 2 tires where really low. I mentioned that and have them inflated and the other things needed done before I picked it up 2 weeks later. The trailer was cleaned up, everything fixed, trailer was moved across the several acre lot and the tires were still low. 1 was flat the other just enough air to show 10 lbs as I recall.
I checked them with my gauge. Lot guy filled them up.
I actually drove to a tire dealer 5 miles away and paid them to inspect the tires before pulling it 80 miles on highways. They said they were OK.
How many times can a dealer drag or pull a RV across their lot with flat tires before they are damaged and the buyer may never know. Or what about the psi as the delivery guy pulls it across how many miles.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote