View Single Post
Old 12-26-2018, 07:41 AM   #39
jadatis

Conclusion to what I read in this topic , it is a tiredesign issue AND something else.
What I wrote about the one side wear, based on picture 2 of beginning post, an alignment should be done , ...if possible.... and you should check if tail up of trailer influences the alignment ( the delta axle story) . If so you can put towbar higher ( again if possible, or lower tires ,fi 225/70 R 15 but then in E or F-load .
This kind of uneven wear one side is not a savety issue, in tje Netherlands , where I live , for general periodical checkup its OK as long as you cant see the cordlayer.

But the bulbs on picture 3 indicate overloading or underpressure .
And I see on bulbside enaugh profile, so is the other side of tire picture 2 , or another tire.
For that you need more maximum load a tire .
Strange about LT tire 225/70R 15 , is that D load gives loadindex 112 Q or R speedcode.
This makes me suspect the LT tire to be an exeption in history. So in early days was given this loadindex, and was not chanched afterward.
If this then should be higher or lower, when calculated with the formula used for that, I dont know, mayby Tireman9 can tell.
The ST 225/75R 15 has only 1 loadindex step higher, can be explained bi the 75 instead of 70 .
If for 65mh calculated the 225/70 wold then have loadindex 112+6= 118 .
Or if 225/ 75 was 113 right calculated , the 225/70 would calc for 99mh( Q speedrated or higher) a loadindex of 112- 6 = 106 .

In any case a upgrade of tires I advice, but wich sise and loadrange to take????
jadatis is offline   Reply With Quote