View Single Post
Old 12-24-2018, 07:59 AM   #30
Bttravel

Experienced the same problem with the same brand factory tires. We have a 2016 Sprinter 319mks that loaded is right at 10K. Had both tires on the same side wearing the outside tread rib. Had the axles checked at a custom trailer build shop and they said no problem with axles or spindles, but they have seen this same problem before on heavier trailers with tires that are just barely rated for the max load. I replaced them with Goodyear Endurance E rated and holy cow what a difference. First thing I noticed was the different in weight of the two tires. You can immediately tell the Endurance is a much heavier built tire, carcass wise and the sidewalls are stiffer. Now that will make for a slightly stiffer road ride for the trailer but the towing and handling difference going down the road was amazing. No more trailer rocking around on less than stellar roads. I was just amazed at how much better the TT pulled. I can tell it rolls easier and so far no sign or any adverse/early wear on the tread. E rated Goodyear Endurance will make a big improvement in your overall towing experience. But like mentioned before, still have the axles and spindles checked just to be sure.
1997 Ranger Rebel
Bttravel is offline   Reply With Quote