View Single Post
Old 07-30-2018, 08:45 AM   #27
CWtheMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wxman View Post
Curious, the trailerking link above is to a page with specs on TK RST Value Radials. The tires that came on my 2018 trailer are TK II Value Radials. It looks to me like the TK II radials are a new generation of the RST tires. Has anyone noted any difference on failures? Have no idea when the apparent change from the RST to II tires took place (if that is indeed what has happened).
I am in my first year of towing with the TK II tires that were only a couple of months old when the trailer was manufactured in 10/17. One thing I liked about the 19RB was it seemed to have 'heavy' axles and tires for a smaller trailer. I am running with a little better than 40% cushion on the tire weight rating (4 D rated tires on a 6500lb GVWR trailer that I tow at just under 6000lbs). I have a TPMS installed on the trailer for some extra security and with all that haven't felt too uncomfortable staying with the TK tires for the first year or two.
Still curious if there has been any noted difference in the updated TK II tires with regards to failures.
Thanks
The China ST tire manufacturers are always tweeking their designs as the industry evolves. So do those that are engineered in the USA such as Carlisle/Goodyear.
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote