View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 03:23 PM   #25
MattE303

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWtheMan View Post
ST tires, just like many other products, have gone through an evolutionary process. In the beginning, Carlisle Tire was the mass producer. It was their recommendation and policy to use maximum inflation pressures. Even their warranty information required it. Problem was, plus sizing. Lots of people wanted "over kill" replacements but not at max inflation. 12% load capacity reserves seemed to be the target and it often required less than max inflation pressures. When asking Max Brennan - a Maxxis field rep - about inflation pressures, he supports the vehicle manufacturers/replacement tire retailer's recommendations. (Industry standards say to NEVER use less inflation pressure than what has been recommended on the tire placard or from deviations found in the individual vehicle owner's manual).

The caveat about using tire inflation charts/tables is to ask yourself; "Is this correct and safe".

Vehicles built under the guidance of FMVSS (standards) are built to minimum safety standards. That's what recommended tire inflation pressures are. When using less than an industry standard inflation pressure the whole field becomes unprotected from that action.
My trailer came with LRE tires, max 80 psi, and I think that's what the placard on the trailer indicates as well (need to double check), so my thinking is I should be fine running 80-90 psi in my Sailuns. Given the actual weight on the axles/tires of my fully loaded trailer (CAT scale weight), this amount is consistent with the chart from Sailun, and if I understand you correctly, consistent with what you are saying also...true?

2002 Ford F350 7.3 Super Duty XLT 4x4 CC LB SRW -- Pullrite Super 5th 16K
2017 Keystone Carbon 337
2022 Honda CRF-450R
MattE303 is offline   Reply With Quote