View Single Post
Old 05-05-2017, 08:28 AM   #43
canesfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by talk2cpu View Post
OK, I understand that you either follow the manufacturers placard or the tire maximum psi. I replaced my 205/75 14 Towmaster, trailer placard for this size is 50 psi, as is the tire sidewall. I replaced with same size Carlisle Trail HD with a maximum side wall listed at 65 psi. The Towmasters were not overloaded and I now have even more tire capacity. For the last 1800 miles I have run them at 60 psi and have had no problems also the TPMS shows only a 3-5° temp rise over ambient air.

Now do I go by the placard on the trailer or the psi on the tire sidewall?
You said you replaced them with "the same size", does that include the same "load range" (e.g. load range C I would guess here). It has been brought up in recent threads that Carlisle recommends full cold sidewall pressure on its tires and that includes warranty. Since no one else answered your question and the placard on your trailer was for OEM tires that we don't yet know were the same or different load range as the new ones, I would suggest running them at Carlisle sidewall pressure of 65psi, assuming your wheels are capable of that.

Edit - Since this thread is about Maxxis tire warranty I might have started a new thread considering your subject is different and might get lost in the shuffle.