View Single Post
Old 05-03-2017, 03:36 AM   #6
xrated

I'm not educated enough about the difference between LT vs. ST tires, but like many products, there are different levels of quality available in almost everything you buy....cars, trailers, tools, clothing, and the list goes on all the way to infinity, and beyond. Trailer Tires are no different, in my opinion. We've all heard about or experienced the "China Bomb" tires, definitely on the lower end of the quality scale of ST tires. I had them on the new trailer that I bought last fall and couldn't wait to get them off of the trailer, which I did earlier this spring. I didn't go with an LT tire though, a set of Maxxis ST tires went on the trailer, based on past experience with them, as well as lots of folks that use them commenting about the quality of the Tire. From what little I know about trailer tires, I'm going to stick with what type (not brand) of tires that the manufacturer puts on the trailer. It seems to me (again, certainly not an expert here), that if the LT type tires were a better choice, then at least some of the trailer manufacturers would be using them on new, from the factory applications.
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote