View Single Post
Old 04-25-2017, 04:48 PM   #24
xrated

Javi wrote:
Quote:
Placarded inflation pressure isn't a maximum limit... it is the recommended pressure... for instance the tires on my pickup are 80 psi tires but my placard says 65 psi...
In my case, and probably many others, it's also the maximum limit, as the tire sidewall number is 80 psi maximum.

Also, we're not talking about truck tires here, we're talking trailer tires. My truck also has a 65 psi on the yellow sticker on the door post and the tires are 80 psi maximum inflation. That tells me that Ford, in my case is making a recommendation for tire pressure that will satisfy the load capacity of my truck 10K GVW. In the case of my trailer, they recommend 80 psi, when in fact, 75 psi will satisfy the load capacity of the trailer's GVWR. What I'm trying to point out in this whole long thread is that with a trailer weight of 10,380 lbs (remember, just took it across the scales last weekend), I don't need 80 psi just because it's recommended. In fact, I could get by with 60 psi and still be about 1000 pounds in reserve, although I don't want to push it that tight.

Javi wrote:
Quote:
Frankly I don't really care if someone wants to run their tires at below the recommended pressure.... but your analogy failed...
And that is why I wasn't discussing the inflation thing with you, no disrepect intended, but if you don't care one way or the other, then why post that you don't care.

Analogy still intact.
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote