View Single Post
Old 03-25-2017, 09:28 AM   #36
busterbrown

I received an email response from Roger over at rvtiresafety.net. Here it is:

"OK you have a few different issues.

Tires are made in batches. For relatively small markets its possible that a company may only make an item once a year or even less frequently While tire age is of concern when the tires are on the ground it's less of an issue when in the factory warehouse. One way to let your mind rest a bit is to ask when the warranty clock starts ticking. Some companies clearly state on day of application or first retail sale. Others say the warranty is based on DOT serial. if it's based on date of sale, and clearly stated as such in the literature I would be less concerned and just be sure that the sales receipt has the date and DOT serial of each tire identified.

Now since you have taken the step of going from the 14" ST205/75R14 LRC to ST225/75R15 LRD you have increased the load capacity from 1760 @ 50psi to 2540@ 65 psi. You have increased the reserve load capacity by over 50% which should deliver very reliable service. While I do not have any data to go on I think that when inflated to the same psi the LR=D and LR-E would have similar stiffness. Its the air that supports the load and its the air that provides the majority of the tire stiffness.

For you application I would think there would be no problems with running LR-E tires at the wheel limit of 65psi

So bottom line I think you can go with the year old LR-D tires or run the LR-E at 65"

I think I'm going to take his advice. I'm on my way to Discount tire to order LR-E's now!
Hensley SwiftArrow Control Hitch with 1000 lb Spring Bars
Me, DW, (3) little DS's, and 1 rambunctious Boston Terrier

busterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote