View Single Post
Old 03-24-2017, 03:55 PM   #30
busterbrown

Update...

Ordered 225 75 15s in LRD at Walmart.com last week. They came in 3 days later and were DOT stamped "2016". Too aged for me so I received a refund. The next day, ordered the same tire from Amazon.com. Received them today and they were stamped "1616". What's up with year old inventory with this size/load rated tire?

My first attempt at ordering tires from DT resulted in LRE tires. They were much newer around Nov 2016. I'm just wondering if my quest for load rated D tires in size 225/75/15 is futile.

I'm considering the LRE tires as I think the local stock is much more fresh. My only reserve is my wheel capacity at 2540 lbs. If the LRE tired max inflation pressure is 80 lbs supporting 2800 lbs, will it compromise the tire if I inflate only to 65 lbs, in order to stay within the specs of the wheel? Remember, OEM tires were LRC on 14 inch wheels supporting only 1760 lbs. Weight is not a concern as I will never come close to max weight limits on either LRD or LRE tire.

The only other thing that worries me is the stiffness in the LRE rubber. Comparing the Carlisle LRD to the OEM Trailer Kings is night and day. The tire is just so much more beefy. Don't really want to rip apart the trailer because its rolling on unforgiving rubber. Opinions?
Hensley SwiftArrow Control Hitch with 1000 lb Spring Bars
Me, DW, (3) little DS's, and 1 rambunctious Boston Terrier

busterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote