Thread: Ac vents
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 11:37 AM   #28
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfan View Post
Paraptor - I'm not understanding your last post. Are you getting into the "adult beverages" already?

jtrevill - I think yo may be right. Wait...look over there...

xrated - Most of the recent discussion is more "tongue in cheek" than reality. However, if it were to be done, if you read back through, the main ducting would be broken into two "sections", blocked off or not connected to each other, making a "front" duct and a "rear" duct, one for each AC. You are right, it would not work well to have them both connected to the same duct trying to blow air at each other, as well as the volumes not being adequate. However, I don't really see this as becoming "reality".
xrated; Good to hear you had an opportunity to read and understand my concept, Thanks

canesfan, jtrevill I hear you, may start working on my design drawings after I complete this far more difficult assignment to get the cover off this miniature light and replace the bulb with an led

canesfan; seriously , in regard to "I don't really see this as becoming "reality"" there is more of a chance of me taking on this concept than buying a second AC for solely the bedroom. Okay I will also include the bathroom, usually never spent that much time in there for cooling

I think this is a good time given canesfan, jtrevill, and I have been commenting back and forth and have similar Raptors. Another topic

"Should I buy a second AC" in this case you will notice that the three of us are in very different temperature zones thereby really different temperature extremes and our cooling needs will differ drastically. canesfan and I are in the East and jtrevill in the CA area. In my travels including down into the south central states I would say I experienced temps in the in the mid to upper 90's and have had no issues. I have to admit that I have played around with closing registers in areas not being used at that time as well as closed shades. Raptor windows 80% tint. To date, I have never been in the 100’s. Come to think of it, during the day when it was really hot out, I used think it is called the cool blast vents in the main ceiling. After a short time it will run your A…. out of there. After all this it seems like it comes down to location ….location

jtrevill; I agree with canesfan given your experiences in the temperature ranges you described, you may have other issues with your AC. There have been some interesting posts in the past addressing expectations of a RV AC, as well as, measuring temperature at the input and output registers, how to determine adequate feron/xxxx levels, etc If interested may want to do some searches

What am I going to do at my current age, probably nothing, again as discussed has not been a big issue with me at least up to now.

John, thanks thought I had seen a brochure on this concept. I am hoping the next generation of “configured for second AC” will include this raceway concept so when a second AC is added that it aids in cooling the entire rig rather than merely the bedroom. Oh YA, also the bathroom.
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote