Thread: Yes! New tires!
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2017, 10:18 AM   #29
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbos View Post
Sister Schack,
Replace at least that damaged tire. If you have a good spare consider putting it on as the other tire on that side. Last season I hit a curb and did the same thing on the right side. I saw no damage to the other tire on that side but I ended up having a blowout of the tire that didn't look damaged. Like you I am a conservative driver too. Travel safely.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Do at least what Tbos recommends above. You need to get that damaged tire off before you go anywhere and replace the other one on the same side with the spare....if it's any good. Look them over very carefully. They tend to destruct from the inside out. Unfortunately, replacing an RV tire one at a time in different years will probably lead to a failure at some point simply because you can't tell a "good" tire by looking at it. My recommendation, and I think most, would be to replace them all if at all possible. If not, be sure and put a note somewhere so you know what tire was replaced when so you can keep track of what's on what wheel.

I installed the Carlisle HD. Maxxis is another good tire but I don't know if they make them in your size. My problem with the Maxxis was getting them in in a timely manner before we left and they have far fewer warranty locations than Carlisle per the tire dealer (DT).
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote