Thread: Yes! New tires!
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2017, 09:46 AM   #27
SummitPond

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Most folks have had good luck with the Carlisle HD and Maxxis tires from what I've read.
I have three questions:

1) When you say Carlisle HD and Maxxis, do I assume you mean Carlisle Radial Trail HD and Maxxis M8008 ST?

Background for #2:
I somehow scuffed up the lead trailer tire on the driver side and took a small chunk out of the sidewall (a Trailer King ST205/75R14C, original to the trailer, purchased new 2 years ago). The tire on the rear axle shows no scuffing or damage. I discovered this damage while doing a tire check prior to a camping trip.

I typically travel 55 mph on the highway. Tread and condition of the other three tires looks quite good.

2) Due to the present budget, I'd like to only replace the one tire rather than all four at this time, if the consensus is that is OK to do.

3) If the answer to #2 is it is OK to replace the one tire, when it is mounted should it be the lead tire or the trailing tire (i.e., do I put it back from where it came or should I swap it with the one behind it)?

Thank you for sharing your expertise.
Attached Images

Now: 2019 Winnebago 2500FL w/e2 WDH;Sold: 2015 Bullet Premier 19FBPR (shown)
2012 Ford F-250 Lariat Super Duty Crew Cab (gas 6.2 L, 3.73 gear ratio 2WD, 172" WB)
SummitPond is offline   Reply With Quote