Thread: Yes! New tires!
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2017, 06:40 PM   #24
the sodfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando3 View Post
Okay gentlemen maybe this is where I should ask since I see most of you have bought tires lately. I bought a brand new Fifth Wheel in December of 2016 and first trip I had a blowout, no damage thank God. I did several things that probably contributed to the blowout. I knew better, ran them at about 62 PSI rather than 65 as stated on the tire my mistake, followed rv dealer recommendation. I also ran the tires on a round-trip 1500 mile trip sometimes between 70 and 75 miles an hour which I Now understand you should not do. So here is where I'm at, do I put a 225 / 75 R15 E Rated Tire from the original D Rated Tire or do I put a 16 inch tire. Other sprinters run the 2w35/80R16 FROM THE FACTORY. I believe mine came with the smaller tires due to the fact that the factory weight didn't quite reach 10000 pounds, it was 97 30. Thoughts? BTW, my axles are already reversed (came this way).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T817A using Tapatalk
Id stick with the rims you've got. Dump the "China Bombs" and put on some new tires. You got very lucky to have a blowout that didn't tear anything up. Slow down and enjoy the ride.