View Single Post
Old 07-25-2016, 05:13 PM   #22
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridge4d View Post
Here's one of my Trailer King tires...or what's left of it. This happened this last weekend on I-10 doing about 60mph. Strangely enough the tire still had about 45lbs of pressure in it. They have maybe 10K miles on them. I'm having the remaining Trailer King tires replaced with Goodyear Marathons tomorrow.

I've taken my trailer to Discount tire and had them replace one of the Trailer Kings that had a slow leak about a year ago. Wasn't a problem. It was a little tricky backing up close enough to one of their bays where the air tools could reach as the parking lot was somewhat small. I wouldn't want remove the wheels myself even if I had a jack and jack stands capable of supporting 12K lbs.
Since this is the internet and we all say what we think....I'm not sure those Marathons are much of an improvement over what you have. Talk to DT about alternatives. They are selling a Hartland that sounds exclusive to them. They can order Maxxis as well. They may have Carlisle HD in stock too, which would be a second choice after Maxxis.
If you are League City area the DT on Decker Drive in Baytown has plenty of room and is just up Hwy 146.
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
2023 CanAm Defender SXS
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote