Thread: TST Saved Me
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2016, 08:11 AM   #23
Tesoro

tpms systems

For the life of me I cant imagine why anyone who tows a camper wouldnt invest in a TPMS system! Esp considering most trailer tires arent that great. I would bet that most of the horror stories you read about are not due to badly made tires but to operator abuse by running them at low pressure and overheating them. After all how many people do you see at gas stations checking/filling their tires hot??!!

On my first big 5'er I bought one after doing the research and cant live without it anymore! I have on my now camp trailer and my boat and my pickup.
The one I chose was the eeztire system after a few hrs of reading and research. Cant remember why as its been 3 yrs but I think because could change out the batteries yourself and no extenda antenna.
Like all they can be frustrating to mate up initially but once you get the knack it works like a charm. Instruction booklet is confusing but if you call the number 'fred' answers down in yuma and patiently walks you through the whole process.

The eeztire monitors are accurate to about a psi. The prob I found was buying a handheld gauge that was super accurate. Maybe I am a bit ar but once you have the monitor it bugs me to see uneven tire pressures. I think I went through 2 mechanical a few electronic to get the right one. I wound up with the husky electronic one bought at home depot and its dead on. Can get them now on amazon for 10 bucks. If you do get one realize the 2aa batteries only work the led light and there is another semi hidden flat round battery that operates the psi sensor. Many, including me, have tossed em thinking the were defective after replacing the aa batteries!
Tesoro is offline   Reply With Quote