View Single Post
Old 06-10-2016, 08:28 AM   #18
KJJ

I have not been on my roof yet, but other posts indicate that the Dometic RV Brisk Air II (or Brisk 2) does not come with a Hard Start Capacitor. The wiring diagram shows one but covers 4 models (both Brisk and Brisk II, 13.5 and 15KBTU) and indicates the start cap section is "not used on some models"). On Amazon several folks have commented happily adding the Supco SPP6 PTC capacitor to their Brisk II, although having to trim the cowling a bit (the Brisk II is a rather tight package).

The 3310727.015 is the start cap for the Brisk, it's capacitor is rated 43-53µF (µF = microfarads, farads are the measure for how much power the cap stores up). The SPP6 is aftermarket, it's capacitor is rated 130-156µF. I don't know what the specs are on their resistors.

If I decide to get a generator, it will be a smaller one that I can store under my trailer, possibly that Westinghouse 2400. If it doesn't power the A/C up I will get an SPP6 for around $10, and if that doesn't work I will either get a 2nd gen with a dual cable or a Dometic SmartStart (which REALLY reduces the startup current).

KJ