View Single Post
Old 05-24-2016, 05:33 AM   #26
Outback 325BH
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWtheMan View Post
Tire inflation pressures for automotive industry tires are not comparable to tire inflation pressures for RV trailers. The method used to determine their recommended values differs considerably.

Tires of different designs such as passenger and light truck when used on RV trailer axles become trailer tires and their recommended inflation pressures are then set using the same method as any other tire when used on the RV trailer's axles. The only difference is the passenger tires MUST be derated by about 10%.

In addition, if your trailer is a utility trailer, there can be a big variance between loaded and unloaded weights. Just like our trucks. However, if we're talking campers, there isn't much difference between loaded and unloaded. For all intents and purposes, they are always loaded.

I run my rig's pressures at max all of the time. Full disclosure: For what it is worth, I run LT tires and not ST tires.

In my truck, I run max psi when pulling my rig. (My rig is an Outback TT - 10,500 GVWR... at or above that [emoji51])

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Outback 325BH is offline   Reply With Quote