View Single Post
Old 03-13-2016, 06:00 PM   #40
Mike484

Bought the one step chocks because they seem to be easier to use than the X-Chocks and from what I have been hearing, the Chocks will only help with fore and aft movement, IF installed properly. I will try them in two weeks when we begin our trip (taking a 10-11 day trip to Florida with many stops along the way).

Also bought one set of the BAL Lock-Arm stabilizers. I put both arms on the rear in the side to side position (as opposed to one side by side and one fore and aft). I lowered the stabilizing jacks and with the arms unlocked, I could easily rock the trailer with just one hand. Then I locked the bars and tried to rock the trailer, pushed with both arms and leaned against it, I couldn't see hardly any movement. I will take pictures later (left before I thought of it) and post.

I'll give a full report when we make our trip but so far, for $75 a set and about 30 minutes time to install, I don't know why everyone isn't putting a set of stabilizer bars on their rig.

I chose the BAL stabilizers just because of the cost, you can buy one set of two bars for about $75 then add more later if you want. The SteadyFast and the Lippert appear to be more expensive at about $250, but they are both a set of 3, 6 bars each, so the cost is actually about the same. It's all about what you prefer, but they all do the same thing. I would highly recommend useing stabilizer bars as they WILL stabilize your rig.

2016 Passport 2890RL
2007 GMC Sierra 1500
Reese 26000 Weight Distribution and Sway Control
Champion 2800/3100 Inverter Generator

American Ranger Auto Gyro
Mike484 is offline   Reply With Quote