View Single Post
Old 03-09-2016, 02:16 PM   #14
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfifield01 View Post
I have looked into the tires on the 2810bh. They are speed rated to 75 MPH. A few weeks ago, they were on Amazon. They received good reviews. My rough estimate is that I'm at 70% of the load capacity of the tire. I plan to keep mine for about 3 years. As of now, I have 2500 miles on them.
If you used the information from Amazon to obtain your speed rating, you may have reached an incorrect conclusion. There has been a "recent change" in NHTSA requirements to include speed ratings of "L" (75MPH) on all "new ST tires". That rating is not retroactive and doesn't apply to tires produced before the NHTSA changes. New tires on Amazon are probably imported after the changes and include the increased speed rating. Older tires are not included in the changes.

You need to look at the actual tires mounted on your trailer (not new replacement tires) to determine the speed rating. The OEM tires on your 2015 Passport were probably produced and imported prior to the changes. Unless the tires are marked with the letter "L" indicating the speed rating of 75MPH, they are limited to 65MPH. All unmarked tires are speed rated at 65MPH.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote