View Single Post
Old 03-08-2016, 12:39 PM   #27
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike484 View Post
Since you use the SteadyFast, does this look like a viable option? I ordered a set of these to try out since they are so much cheaper than the SteadyFast, just hope I can get similar results. I can put a set on all four corners compared to the cost of two corners with the SteadyFast.

http://norcoind.com/bal/products/con.../lockarm.shtml
I have a fifth wheel, so there is some slight difference in stabilizing the front of it vs a travel trailer. On my fifth wheel, I have 3 sets of BAL locking arm stabilizers. Two sets on the front landing gear and one set on the rear stabilizers. The 3 sets "mirror" the steadyfast system. So, to be "comparable to" the steadyfast system, you'd need to order 3 sets of BAL locking arm stabilizers. The steadyfast costs about $279 and the BAL LA's are $80 for each set ($240 for three sets), so the price of the BAL system really isn't "significantly different" than the steadyfast system.

I'm very well satisfied with the BAL locking arm system installed as the company suggests: 2 sets on front and 1 set on the rear.

If I had to "do it all over again", I'd probably order the steadyfast system. It seems to be more "user friendly" with the handles to tighten the arms. The BAL locking arm system uses 3/4" nuts, so you need a wrench to tighten them and loosen them. It just seems easier to just have the handles. I'll probably weld a steel rod on the top of each nut on my BAL system so I don't have to pack a wrench with me during setup.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote