View Single Post
Old 12-14-2015, 04:31 AM   #27
Gadgetmonster

Just picked up the unit yesterday.
When we went to pick it up a few weeks ago it did not go all that well.

Slide toppers look good and function OK.

They did not add any screws in the table base like they said they would... they said a screw was broken off so they replaced it. So I will have to do that.

The sliding door from bedroom to bath still rolled too far allowing it to go beyond the guide and get stuck closed.

The antenna fix was good.

Roof vent screws were installed.

Furnace was a joke. Living room and bath had great air flow. Bedroom flow was almost non existent. Full sheet of paper towel laid on the register crowned up but just laid there. Going round and round with service writer. I'm saying I don't think that is close to enough air flow. He was "mea". He would not agree. So I grabbed my screwdriver and popped off the register and stuck my hand up in there and sure enough the duct was kinked. Almost nothing could get through. Pi--ed me off in more ways than one. Had to leave it.

So I picked it up yesterday... Air flow now blows the paper towel up almost to the top of the bed. Why don't people have the gumption any more to do a quality job? Half A--ed is the new norm it seems.

The door was not fixed. I said don't worry about that I will fix it myself.

While hooking up I noticed my battery was completely flat. Also lifted the LP cover and both tanks were light. So he offered to fill both.

It is a 3/8 tank of diesel to make a round trip so I felt that was the least he could have done.

Nice guy but not good quality service techs.

So I will park it in my warehouse till spring and see if it works out.

BTW, is the charge system a smart system that won't cook my battery if I leave it plugged in all winter?

Thanks for all the comments and good advice.

2015 Cougar XLite 33RES
2011 F-350 Turbo Diesel
From Southport Indiana
Miniature Schnauzers supervise out trips
Gadgetmonster is offline   Reply With Quote