View Single Post
Old 09-07-2015, 12:08 PM   #28
djkrs2

Recently we seem to be having a problem plugging in at home with a 120v outlet on a 15A circuit. We had been able to run our A/C with nothing else running without any problem. After our last camping trip we plugged the trailer in as we usually do and the A/C would run for a short while and trip the breaker. We were using the trailer as a guest house so we had to just use the fan for the time being. It then got to the point that the breaker would trip when nothing but the microwave clock was on... so I thought. After reading something here it clicked that the water heater may be on. Sure enough, it was. That was why the A/C wouldn't run. Now, however, as soon as I plug the trailer in with NOTHING on, it trips the breaker. I am using a heavy gauge extension cord, but I always have. I've also tried two different chords to rule that out with the same results. Do you think something may have gotten damaged? Does anyone have any ideas what may be causing the breaker to trip as soon as the trailer is plugged in?

Thank you.

2012 Cougar 27RL
2011 F-150 Lariat 4x4 3.6L Eco-Boost
djkrs2 is offline   Reply With Quote