View Single Post
Old 06-15-2015, 04:38 PM   #1
bsmith0404

Trailer Wheel PSI Ratings

During different discussions on this forum, it has been stated that the max psi rating on trailer wheels is a cold pressure rating with tolerance for higher pressures when the tires heat up. According to reps at Sendel Wheel, that IS NOT accurate. The max psi listed for the wheel is just that MAX. I have the Sendel T03 rated for 100 psi on my RV. I installed Carlisle 235/85/16F tires with a cold pressure of 95 psi. When they heat up, the pressure typically rises to 104-105 range. Sendel recommended removing the tires or wheels ASAP., not doing that since it's just sitting in storage with about 90 psi in them. I'm contacting Carlisle to see if they can recommend a lower psi for the tire since I have a lot of room on the weight rating vs actual weight. If I can drop the tries to 85 or 90 psi cold I should be good. I really don't want to tell the DW that I need to get new wheels for the camper, that wouldn't go over well since she didn't understand why I was replacing tires after only owning it for a year.

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote