View Single Post
Old 06-13-2015, 06:30 AM   #14
CWtheMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by raineman View Post
I got the tires installed last week. Paid $140. Was told they are going up to $195 soon. Interesting thing happened. They advertised an F385 here:
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...l+F385+Trailer

However, what got installed were F835's. Maybe it was a typo in the site. I am not sure. These tires are still 14 ply G rated at 4080 lbs @ 110 PSI. Also, Discount Tires' air compressor will only go to 100 psi so I will need to top them of at the truck stop.

These are some very beefy tires. See below:

Trailer Kings , was going to sell them on Craigs List but decided to let Discount Tire keep 'em. They were terrible tires and completely squatted out when sitting still with no fresh water and all waste tanks empty, And there were bulges.

New tires with a 4/15 date stamp. Installed first week of 5/15. That's a fresh tire:

Old and new, side by side:

New Taskmaster Provider F835 Installed:
Somewhere on that tire there has to be a load range letter. The DOT allows the load index numbers to be on a tire’s sidewall but only the load range letter description is official for LT and ST tires. That 129 load index figure on your tires does not fit any 16” tire charts for load ranges.

IMO that tire manufacturer has made an error with the 129. Part of the new requirement for off shore manufacturer’s is to provide a speed letter on the sidewall of all tires they import into the USA. If they don’t do it pretty soon they could lose the lower tariff tax rates for such tires. However, they did get the speed letter L on there and the 129 is not official anyway, but, the tire cannot be properly DOT certified without the Load Range letter and there is no load range H 16” tires.

CW
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote