View Single Post
Old 06-12-2015, 12:56 PM   #13
suddensam

When I bought my new toy hauler I was hoping to find one in the area that had the G-rated tire upgrade but now that its all said and done I think I'm better off haven taken care of that on my own. I purchased 4 of the Taskmaster Provider F835 ST235/85/R16 from Discount Tire Direct. I paid $140 ($560) each shipped to my front door. They arrived in less than a week. Shipping label on each tire said 53 LBs, these things feel and look very solid. Especially when sitting next to the Trailer King tires that came stock.

I took the original tires and wheels to a local used tire shop to swap them out for the new ones. He gave me $50 plus did the mounting and balancing of the new ones in trade for the original tires. I'd only put about 250 miles on the originals plus whatever they had from shipping the trailer here originally so they where basically in new condition. I probably could have gotten more for them on Craig's list but didn't wan't to hassle with them anymore. All said and done I got the G rated tires I wanted and it cost me $510 for the upgrade. I never got firm numbers from the dealer on doing it through them but I'm sure it would have been a whole lot more then that.

As a side note when I pulled the wheels off the trailer for the first time they had no sign of being balanced coming from the factory.

Sam