View Single Post
Old 06-07-2015, 07:17 PM   #6
Ken / Claudia

They may well be junk waiting to blow. But, really many people driving all type of vehicles with all types of tires have flats and or blow outs. I know due to seeing, helping, being dispatched to them and hearing other police almost daily going to people with flat tires. Much needs to be known with regarding to why and most times all we know is a tire blew. Lets say you checked the psi everyday as you should before travel and it was always 80psi. How was the tread, do you check it before travel, look for splits, goose eggs etc. what was the wt. on each axle and tire. Than remember the trailer tires track outside of the TV tires and go over other parts of the road as do the TV tires. When we hit anything with the TV tires we know right away due to the sound of debris stuck in a tire. We cannot hear that on trailer tires. We can feel the TV shift wt with a flat, maybe not so on the trailer. It is easy to drive for miles on a low trailer tire and not know it. Getting a TPMS system to help find out what's happening will help. Along with proper tire inspections. Some tires maybe be junk but, most (about half all come from China) so I am not convinced that it's always the tires to blame.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote