View Single Post
Old 10-14-2014, 09:26 AM   #22
CWtheMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by paoutlaw View Post
http://www.keystonerv.com/previous-y...zion&year=2012
This is where I got my info. If its wrong. I was miss informed.
Im at work now but i will look tonight.
BUt even so I would have to be at the upper limit if not over

That's the same Keystone reference I'm working from. Here is what I was working on before you posted your last posts..

Your particular year & model Fuzion is a unit I refer to when knocking on Keystone’s door about weight regulations and under sized tires. I’ve included a youtube reference to confirm the two axle configuration of this unit. I’ve also included the Keystone spec sheet. I cannot confirm that this particular year & model has had a recall for certification label violations so I’ll just go from there.

http://www.keystonerv.com/previous-y...zion&year=2012

First let me say that no matter how Keystone has come to fit this trailer with 3520# tires they are not nearly enough tire for a trailer of it’s weight class. IMO it’s a shameful act on the part of the Keystone engineering and manufacturing team.

When using the specs for this unit as depicted in the Keystone reference, we see that the GVWR is 16500#. When the published hitch weight of 2770# is deducted from the GVWR the total weight for GAWR displacement is 13730#. Divided by 2 equals 6865 per axle. That’s the lowest figure Keystone can fix the GAWR at on the certification label. Without a letter of intent to NHTSA that confirms the use of ST235/80R16E tires rated at 3520# with a cold air pressure of 80 psi Keystone is in violation of a part of FMVSS 571.120. Why? Because there are, or have been, three distinct maximum load capacities for the ST235/80R16E tires. 3420#, 3500# and 3520#, all at 80 psi. Without distinguishing which load capacity tire applies to the trailer on its certification label, tire placard, and owner’s manual all of those load capacity tires default to the lowest load capacity. The 3420# tire is under the minimum load requirements for the installed axles GAWR.

Keystone has the option of lowering the established cargo load where the axles can have a GAWR of 6750# or send in the necessary paperwork to establish only the 3520# tires as sutible for fitment on the trailer. They would also have to change the certification label, tire placard and notations in the owner’s manual.

So, what does your certification label say?[/

CW
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote